Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:47:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/12975: tk81 requires a built tcl81 worksrc

>Number:         12975
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       tk81 requires a built tcl81 worksrc
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE i386
tcl81 installed.

Building tk81 without having a built WRKSRC tree for tcl81 fails.

Here's the line that breaks (I make with
WRKDIRPREFIX=/home/girgen/ports)

ld -shared -x -soname libtk81.so.1 -o libtk81.so.1 tk3d.o tkArgv.o tkAtom.o tkBind.o tkBitmap.o tkClipboard.o tkCmds.o  tkColor.o tkConfig.o tkCursor.o tkError.o tkEvent.o  tkFocus.o tkFont.o tkGet.o tkGC.o tkGeometry.o tkGrab.o tkGrid.o  tkMain.o tkObj.o tkOldConfig.o tkOption.o tkPack.o tkPlace.o  tkSelect.o tkUtil.o tkVisual.o tkWindow.o  tkUnix.o tkUnix3d.o tkUnixButton.o tkUnixColor.o tkUnixConfig.o  tkUnixCursor.o tkUnixDraw.o tkUnixEmbed.o tkUnixEvent.o  tkUnixFocus.o tkUnixFont.o tkUnixInit.o tkUnixKey.o tkUnixMenu.o  tkUnixMenubu.o tkUnixScale.o tkUnixScrlbr.o tkUnixSelect.o  tkUnixSend.o tkUnixWm.o tkUnixXId.o tkStubInit.o tkStubLib.o tkButton.o tkEntry.o tkFrame.o tkListbox.o  tkMenu.o tkMenubutton.o tkMenuDraw.o tkMessage.o tkScale.o  tkScrollbar.o tkCanvas.o tkCanvArc.o tkCanvBmap.o tkCanvImg.o  tkCanvLine.o tkCanvPoly.o tkCanvPs.o tkCanvText.o  tkCanvUtil.o tkCanvWind.o tkRectOval.o tkTrig.o tkImage.o tkImgBmap.o tkImgGIF.o tkImgPPM.o tkImgPhoto.o tkText.o tkText!
BTree.o tkTextDisp.o tkTextImage.o tkTextIndex.o  tkTextMark.o tkTextTag.o tkTextWind.o  -L/home/girgen/ports/cluster1/ports/lang/tcl81/work/tcl8.1/unix -ltclstub81 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11  -lm -lc

Notice the -L/home... stuff on the next to last line. If
libtclstub81.a is not in
/home/girgen/ports/cluster1/ports/lang/tcl81/work/tcl8.1/unix, it
breaks.

>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/lang/tcl81
make
make install
make clean
cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk81
make

ld will not find libtcl81, since it links with
-L/usr/ports/lang/tcl81/work/tcl81/unix or similar, which might not be
there...

>Fix:
I'm not certain how the configure script is patched, but I think it
has something to do with the patches -aa and -ab.