Date:      Tue, 02 Dec 1997 10:46:48 +0100
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>, "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Out of Box experience (Was: Re: How is selection made of what goes into CDrom?)

[snip]
> Another option which hasn't really been explored is the idea of using
> TurboVision's UI model and making an API compliant version that uses X
> windows for all the various objects, e.g. you just write the
> installation utility as a wrapper which loads the main body and the
> turbovision library of choice dynamically based on $DISPLAY.  But
> someone would also have to be insane enough to do a version of TV for
> X. :-)

Is it that much work? I thought they put all lowlevel stuff in
one file (system.cc?). I have only briefly glanced at it though.

Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl