Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:41:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Subject:   Re: max memory on Alpha?

> > > Do you know *if* there is a hard limit at 2Gb?
> >
> > I dunno. Doug would be the one to know. I was supposed to look into this for
> > the Rawhide, but all I ever got was 1.5GB. I could do a book exercise and look
> > at it, but (see below).
>
> I have a 4 and a 6Gb Rawhide as well. At some point in time (assuming
> they are not being used for customer support) I could give them a spin.
> And -current should build and boot please..

I have 3 8400s to play with- 2 with 2GB each.

What I can do is to swipe one system's boards and put it in the one running
FreeBSD.. but time, time time...

-matt

> > Yes- I'm still struggling to clear a block of time to help more with this. I
> > had to move offices and other stuff happened as well - I'm still about 1.5
> > meters underwater.
>
> Well, I am not much of help when it comes to programming, but I do have
> access to a few SMP alphas.

Expand your horizons! Leap in! Don't horrify Jordan and Poul and others and
let me keep doing systems programming in FreeBSD! Stop me before I commit
again....

-matt