Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 1995 11:10:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steven Erickson <swedguy@io.org>
To:        FreeBsd <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FATAL TRAP 12 :(

HI All!!!!!!!!!!!!

	I have a "fatal" problem. During boot, it keeps giving me FATAL
TRAP 12 after kerel information is through - just before login. Every
time I get FATAL TRAP 12 the system sometimes hang or reboot. I am
getting this MORE often now which means few times I got in LOGIN.

	I am running 950322-SNAP version. I will write down exactly what the FATAL
TRAP 12 says.

	FATAL TRAP 12: PAGE FAULT WHILE IN KERNEL MODE

	fault virtual address = 0x0
	fault code            = supervisor write page not present
	instruction pointer   = 0x8: 0xf018b51f
	code segment          = base 0x0, limit 0xffffff,type 0x1B
	                        dpl 0, pres 1, def 32, 1, gran 1
	processor eflags      = inturrupt enable, resume, iopl = 0
	current processor     = 135 (getty)

	PANIC KERNEL FAULT.

	Please help me with this ASAP. Thank you very much in advance.

				Steven  Erickson
				 swedguy@io.org