Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 09:55:41 -0400
From:      dob@nasvr1.cb.att.com
To:        grog@lemis.de, toor@dyson.iquest.net
Cc:        dyson@freebsd.org, ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, scrappy@ki.net
Subject:   Re: Vm fixes NG

> >> 	I'm getting the same thing, *but* the description on today's
> >> re-commit of pmap.c sounds like it fixes that...going to try it now...
> >>
> > I *wish* so, but it might not.  Just let me know!!!
>
> I've just built a kernel with ctm 2065.  emacs still takes several
> attempts to start, but once it's running, there are no more problems
> (this is the way it's been all along--sorry I didn't mention that
> before).  Today the crashes were all clean SIGSEGVs.

John, Et.Al,

Make world took all night with three or so hand fixes for y.tab.h errors, but
when I saw my monitor this morning, the ``freeing held page'' panic (count=12)
was on the console.  The recent pmap, vm_fault fixes much improved the problem
on my machine (8MB, 0KB L2), but there still seems to be a hole somewhere.

Thanks,

Dan O'Brien