Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:20:00 -0600
From:      Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd bios.

So, I repeat: easily done, not acceptable to freebsd core.

I think this situation reflects on the freebsd community and not in a
positive way.

If you care, sometime this year you'll be able to buy motherboards that
boot Linux from flash. SiS is working hard on this and has committed
people and hardware. So if you want that capability, you'll get it with
Linux, not FreeBSD. Not because it's not doable, it's because people don't
seem to get it.

It's kind of a shame.

ron