Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:35:49 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compact flash

Hello, any chance of seeing committed the compact flash card driver in a
near future ?
It's more than one year I am asking here and there in the hope of seeing
it, but till now I only see a lot of patches arise to fill the lack of an
"official solution". It's a pity that our mobile support is soo weak in a
so growing device market ? Compact flash are now everywhere, from Digital
Camera, to Palmtop passing from mp3 player (like Rio).

The last time I ask why noone commits the patches it was told to me two
groups (PAO and -current developers) were trying to find an arrangement on
how proceeded the development (obviusly they don't agree each other :-) and
so time passes ...
So in the meantime why not "promote" one of this unofficial patches that
usually live till the next cvsup in the official tree (in 4.0 obviusly) ? I
don't think they can break anything of important and perhaps in this way
they can updated and supported from others.

Any comments ? (please don't delete my name from the mailing lists :-)
Thanks for attention and your time.

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it