Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:49:08 +0100
From:      Nigel Moore <devnull@truffy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Trouble updating ports

Hello

I've been trying to update the ports on a FreeBSD 5.3 install without
success. I've just taken the standard ports-supfile, changed the
default base to "/usr" and added my local cvsup mirror, but I get
continual connection time-outs (transcript below).

I've also tried other cvsup servers in Germany, the UK, as well as the
central mirrors. Same deal across the board, and this has been going on
for over a week.

The machine is behind a firewall, but I've managed to download packages
from the FreeBSD FTP server.

Any pointers as to how to resolve this?

Thanks

=========
merlin# cvsup -g -L 2 /usr/share/examples/cvsup/myports-supfile
Parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/myports-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.ch.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.ch.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
  Checkout ports/MOVED
Detailer failed: Network write failure: Connection timed out
Will retry at 15:39:38
Retrying
Connecting to cvsup.ch.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.ch.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
  Checkout ports/MOVED
Detailer failed: Network write failure: Connection timed out
Will retry at 15:56:30