Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:02:40 +0300
From:      "Ari Suutari" <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <jdricot@ulb.ac.be>
Subject:   JDK 2 Patchset 10 + FreeBSD_CommAPI

Hi,

Has anyone been trying to use FreeBSD commapi
from http://student.ulb.ac.be/~jdricot/commapi/ with
current JDK2,patchset 10 ?

I have been using it with old JDK 1.1.8 to access
a weather station (from www.ibutton.com) and it works
OK. However, when using jdk2, the program
hangs during initialization.

After some debugging, it seems that basic primitives
(open, read, write) work as usual, but the weather station
java package seems to use various notify -services available
in java comm API. These are implemented as a select loop in
native code, which also seems to work but it looks like
some other threads are stuck or something.

(In case nobody has any ideas to solve this, I'll try
to dig deeper myself)

      Ari S.
--
Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>