Date:      Tue, 13 May 2014 22:35:10 -0400
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mysql server dependency

--pbjm9Bj8KKlVR6m0axVwu0TXUIeAw36El

On 13/05/2014 08:36, Hamza Abdelkebir wrote:
> I made the changes you recommended but it does not seem to work.
> Mysql56-server dependency is not in the produced package.

Hmmm... one thing that strikes me.  You have:

USE_MYSQL=3D     server

Are you sure about that?  Most web apps will want:

USE_MYSQL=3D	yes

which pulls in mysql-client including libmysqlclient.so.X -- that is,
your application needs the ability to log into the database and do
queries, rather than needing just the mysql daemon installed.

Not sure why there's nothing about MySQL in your pkg -- given that it's
definitely looking for mysqld at build time:

> =3D=3D=3D>   appname-version depends on file: /usr/local/libexec/mysqld=
 - found

Is mysql only in there as a BUILD_DEPENDS ?  That would explain the
absence from the package, as pkg only deals in RUN_DEPENDS.  Try running

make -C /path/to/your/appname/port -V BUILD_DEPENDS
make -C /path/to/your/appname/port -V RUN_DEPENDS

and compare the output of those two,  MySQL-ish things will need to
appear in the second one before you can see them in the pkg dependencies.=

	Cheers,

	Matthew
--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.