Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:04:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        sean@chittenden.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetGear MA401 problems on -CURRENT...

In message: <20020809105657.GA67980@ninja1.internal>
            Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
: > > Any thoughts on who or where I can poke to get additional info?  I'll
: > > run truss/ktrace on ping in the AM, but am wondering if there are any
: > > other diags or ways of trying to tease apart what's going on?  -sc
: >
: > Just as an FYI, I am currently supping my laptop with an xl net card
: > so the problem is definately wireless related.  Once I get a fresh
: > build on there I'll see if the problem still persists or if this is
: > fixed/broken with the hostap changes.  -sc
:
: Just as an FYI (possibly related to the messages below for -STABLE?),
: I'm basically hosed with wi0, but my xl0 is dandy.  Were there any
: changes to wi from the 18th to the 30th of July that would've caused
: this?  Unfortunately, I wasn't closely tracking wi commits (am now
: though!) so I'm not sure where or when anything could've gone in
: that'd cause a problem.  Are there any preferred ways of debugging a
: wireless card?  I don't have any problems getting my feet wet (or
: going neck deep for that matter), I just need a pointer as to where to
: cross the river.  -sc

If you could track down the date that the changes caused issues, that
would be great.  You might try today's wi.

Do you have a cvs tree locally, or did you cvsup?  If you have a local
cvs tree, you can take your July 30th kernel tree, cd to sys/dev/wi
and type cvs update -PAd -D 2002/07/18 (build the kernel, test it),
then repeat for each day between the 18th and the 30th.  Don't know
how to do that with cvsup.

The only thing that changed between those dates are related to the
hostap stuff.  1) not putting it into promisc mode in hardware when in
hostap.

Warner