Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:22:48 +0100
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        "'tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru'" <tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: YP-like mySQL thing

	[ML]  I am not acquainted with the ELF loader, but I think that
the
	loader (ld.so) does not honor NEEDED segments in a shared
	library--it only honors NEEDED segments in the program; and
	the programs know nothing of your libmysqlclient.so :(

	What you could do is use dlopen() and dlsym() out of your
	getpw*() stubs in your version of libc.so.  That should work.

	/Marino