Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:58:41 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Rajat Jain <rajatjain@juniper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ia32@freebsd.org, freebsd-new-bus@freebsd.org, Sergey Babkin <babkin@verizon.net>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Strategy for PCI resource management (for supporting hot-plug)

Rajat Jain wrote this message on Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:02 +0530:
> The only problem as you say is when we plug in a PCI card, which has a
> HOT-PLUGGABLE SLOT on it (on which we can plug in more cards). (This is
> because a bridge wants extra reserved resources only when it is hot-plug
> capable). Do such devices exist? Since theoretically possible, but
> practically extremely rare, I say we do not support this case.

There is an ExpressCard PCI-E expansion box (I have one) which you
could put a PCI-E cardbus adapter card in which would I believe be the
case that you are asking about...  Now how many people would do that?
Not many, but more might put in multiport PCI-E cards.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579