Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 1995 17:48:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      js@ibbs.av.org (Jeff Stillinger)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soundblaster auido card

Any one have a clue as to what this means and why?

$rplay hal20.wav
ld.so: warning: libc.so.2.1: minor version < 2 expected, using it anyway
localhost: connection failed

It's a simple task really.  All I want to do is hear sound coming out of
my speaker connected to my soundblaster pro card.  I compiled the kernel
with sb0.  dmesg reports that it was found and configured correctly.  So
where is my sound?  What other programs that DO NOT require X windows
exist to play sounds?

Jeff Stillinger - KB6IBB                              js@ibbs.av.org
PSC Box 3429                                          js@red-eft.la.ca.us
Edwards AFB, CA  93524                                +1 805 258 7303 8N1
     Cut out the orange wire wally, I can't find it on the schematic.