Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:08:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Tim Radigan <rad2921@cup.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld fails

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Tim Radigan wrote:

> I'm kind of new to building the entire world, but for some reason, I
> keep running into some problems.  I get all the updates from CVSup,
> I basically read UPDATING twice (although I could be missing something)
> and when I do a 'make buildworld' it fails at this point:
>
> [blah][blah][blah]../lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/asm
> /bn-586.pl elf 386 > bn-586.cmt
> syntax error at
> /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bn/asm/bn-5
> 86.pl line 116, near "))"
> Feb 9 14:27:46 home /kernel: pid 30554 (perl), uid 0: exited on signal
> 11 (core dumped)
> Segmentation fault - core dumped
> *** Error code 139
> Stop in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>
> I'm not sure why it's failing here, I'll try to run cvsup again, but any
> help would be appreciated.

In addition to the information you've provided, it would be useful
to know what version of FreeBSD you're running (the kernel especially,
thus uname -a) and what source version you got with cvsup (i.e., the
tag value, tag=RELENG_4 or whatever).

I have not had any problems with recent builds (quite a few on
different machines), but the builds have not been big jumps in terms
of versions.

	Annelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC