Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:14:11 -0700
From:      "William R. Somsky" <wrsomsky@halcyon.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        perlsta@fs3.ny.genx.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/include/sys/cam/scsi...

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 04:28:11PM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> Alex wrote...
> > On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Alfred wrote:
> > [..]
> > > a lot of applications broke during compile just because of the renameing.
> > > when the scsi.h was replaced by cam/scsi_all.h it compiled and worked,
> > > notably kscd (the kde CD player)
> >
> > This kinda piqued my interest, I've been cvsuping and making world, but
> > I'm still left with a scsi.h, and a bunch of header files in /usr/include
> > with old datestamps.  How can I tell what files should have been cleaned
> > out?
>
> Probably just watch the commits and see which files get removed.  Someone
> probably has a script to do this..

Well, I'm sure there's probably a better answer, but what I've been doing
is, in addition to doing a normal "make installworld", installing a
"parallel world" in something like /home/newworld -- similar to what is
suggested for /usr/src/etc to merge the /etc changes -- and then comparing
the two trees to see if there is any file that shold be deleted -- modulo,
of course, /usr/local, and anything I've added.