Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:07:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Zbigniew Szalbot" <zbyszek@szalbot.homedns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   python upgrade issue

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE. Today I tried upgrading python to its
most recent version. I made sure version 2.5 is mentioned in distinfo file
and then issued portupgrade. I was not really convinced from the initial
screen that my box was going to get the latest release but anyway the
upgrade process stopped in the middle (most likely because I was remotely
connected and my wLAN connection suddenly died for a second). So I tried
again but got "** No such installed package: lang/python" response. When I
do python -V, I get Python 2.4.3. And luckilly python is still there as my
mailman needs it.

I used cvusp to refresh ports collection and tried portupgrade again but
with the same error message. For one, I am not worried since current
python clearly works but could you please suggest if/how I should made the
system available for a python upgrade?

Thank you very much in advance!

Warm regards,

--