Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:21:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc compile error

:>
:> FreeBSD -current was last cvsup on my system on Dec 23 18:59.
:>
:> XFree86 3.9.xxx  was cvsup on December 24th   I am sorry but this is
:> sufficient information to reproduce the problem.
:
:No, it is not, because we can't *get* XFree86 3.9.xxx -current, so we
:cannot reproduce it, can we?
:
:You either need to give us enough to build that part, or provide a
:preprocessed file so we can feed the backends directly, or fix it yourself.

    Sure you can....  well, you can get close anyway.

	ftp ftp.xfree86.org
	cd snapshots
	get 3.9.16.tar.gz

    I've been keeping up to date myself hoping that the I128 driver
    (for the SGI flatscreen) would support the I^2 protocol the SGI
    uses to control backlight brightness, there being no external
    knob on the monitor to fiddle with.

						-Matt