Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:12:20 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Philip Hallstrom" <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: "SSL3_WRITE_PENDING:bad write retry" errors with qpopper 4.0.3 (now a syslog question)

I know, isn't it a pain that they did that?  I guess they figured that all
the mail logging ought to go into one file.  We have the same issue but
I don't care enough to do anything about it, (I look at the mail logs rarely
and /var/log on my system has gobs of space)  If I did though
I'd recompile, then set log.local2 in syslog.conf to /dev/null.  Never know if
you might need to temporairly turn on logging again.

http://www.freebsd-corp-net-guide.com