Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:24:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
To:        djkanter@northwestern.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: moving from Debian Linux

> > 2. it would be nice if both systems (FreeBSD and Linux) would share
> > the same /home/ partition. Which (and why?) partition format should I
> > use: ufs or ext2 ?
>
> Well, the short answer is "Kill the Debian distribution and just use
> FreeBSD."
>
> UFS/FFS is by no means "experimental." There are several reports I've
> read stating that UFS/FFS is better than ext2, but this could be
> fodder for a flame war.

He means the BSD UFS driver *in Linux* is experimental,
as is the EXT2 driver in FreeBSD.

I settled down on using FAT32 to share a partition between
Windows 2000, Linux and FreeBSD.
If there was a better solution, like NTFS driver in FreeBSD
I would like to hear it.

By the way I am not surprised that there are not many pluggabble
3rd party filesystems are available under Win32: The IFS kit is
quite expensive.

Regards,
Marc