Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:20:56 -0800
From:      Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Freebsd - restarting itself?!

Hi All,

Is it possible for FreeBSD to shut itself down and restart for no reason?

My machine was restarted last night and my hosting company claims they did
not touch the server or have any problems. This has been going of for a few
months now -- intermittent restarts that no one claims responsibility for.

This is a new machine with the latest OS (4.7) so I can't blame a faulty
power supply or something like -- I have more fans than Britney in the
server, for HD and CPU so I don't think it's a temp problem.

Thoughts, suggestions?

TIA

Steve