Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 17:18:35 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu (Steve Kargl)
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, jabley@clear.co.nz, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/

Steve Kargl wrote:
> David O'Brien wrote:
> > > These should be left has ports.
> >
> > Explain how I am to install FreeBSD at my campus when DHCP has been
> > mandated.  Many univ. are moving in this direction.
> >

> Maybe, support WC by purchasing the cd-rom?
>
> Convince your University to get a large quantity of cd-roms
> from WC and resell the disks to the students?

Or convince FreeBSD developers to simply add a DHCP client to the base
sources and build a boot/install floppy with that functionality.
No user cost. No user hassle. Why not?! Sigh.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137