Date:      11 Jan 2003 13:42:02 +1300
From:      James Pole <james.pole@paradise.net.nz>
To:        David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVidia driver misbehaving on FreeBSD

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 13:21, David Holm wrote:
> Hi,
> I have now tried every combination that I could come up with and find on the FreeBSD
> mailing-list, unofficial FAQs etc etc. I have tried getting the driver to work on both STABLE
> and CURRENT with the exact same result on both. I have a GeForce2/GTS.
>  2D wise the nVidia driver seems to work great, my system has been up for 9 days without a
> single problem with X. But as soon as I use nvidias OpenGL drivers strange things start
> happening.

This is just my opinion, but I think you'll get a better chance of
solving your problems if you send your bug reports directly to NVIDIA
since you seem to have done everything you can do. We don't have any
access at all to the source code responsible for the OpenGL rendering so
we have no way of fixing the bugs you are having with your card.

You might get some useful suggestions here, but I think most of the bugs
are mostly in NVIDIA's OpenGL code. I myself have a NVIDIA card and I've
never had this system have an uptime of more than 2.5 days, and so far
I'm blaming NVIDIA's driver -- you're not the only one having problems.

Anyway, Good luck with your problems. Hopefully NVIDIA will make more
effort into improving their drivers.

- James

--
James Pole