Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 06:28:39 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Donny Lee <donny@CoreBit.com>, Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfilter broken?

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 11:15:24AM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com> writes:
> > > Looks like a stale dependency file to me. Try 'make cleandir' twice,
> > That only works in /usr/src userland, not kernel.
>
> This is in a module build, and modules use the OBJDIR stuff so
> 'cleandir' had better work.

Only if the kernel Makefile (which shells out a make on the modules
Makefile), knows about the "cleandir" target.  Remember where the cwd is
for the person wanting to do this (assuming defaults).

What you suggest will only work because I was forsitefull enough not that
long ago to think that someone might actually try ``make cleandir'' and
want something to happen.

But ``make cleandir'' will only act in the modules build dir, it does not
imply a `make clean' for the kernel.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX