Date:      Wed, 07 May 1997 10:10:01 +0000
From:      Kachun Lee <kachun@zippo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   kern malloc leak in 2.2X ?

After upgrading to 2.2 (2.2beta thru 2.2-releng-970422), some of our systems
would panic with 'kmem_map too small' every ~30 hours - clockwork. Per
suggestion of Mr. Greenman, I increased VM_KMEM_SIZE from 32M to 48M. The
systems still panic, but now about every 2.5days. That leads me to believe
there may be a memory leak in 2.2X. Those systems are all heavy NFS clients
over SMC 100 netcards.

I wouldn't mind spend sometime to identify the problem, if someone could
point me to the right direction. The last time I did any UNIX kernel work
was back with UNIX sysIII.5. Any suggestion would be greatly appreicated.

Best regards