Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:22:45 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-standards@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PATCH for a more-POSIX `ps', and related adventures

Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> writes:
> So, what BSD had a `-g' option which behaved like `-A'?

SunOS, at least.  In Solaris, there is still a difference between
'/usr/ucb/ps uxw' and '/usr/ucb/ps guxw'.  I'm so used to it, I'll
probably take your name in vain a couple of times after you commit
your patch.  Don't let that stop you, though :)

> The SUSv3 standard describes an option `-U userlist':
>      Write information for processes whose real user ID numbers
>      or login names are given in userlist
> We already have a `-u`, and I even use it, so I wasn't going to
> steal that!  However, I did want to have this ability, so I added
> it as -R.  I will assume this seems reasonable.

What's the difference between the existing -U and the new -R?

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no