Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:09:33 -0800
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mulberry doesn't load ASpell plugin

I've been using Mulberry for several years.  In the past, I've just
disabled the spell checking by removing the [AI]SpellPlugin.so files
from the Plug-ins directory.  Recently I decided to give spell checking
another try.  I've just updated to linux_base-8 and Mulberry 3.1.6;
and installed linux-aspell.  I've verified that the linux aspell binary
works; and that the Mulberry plug-ins are in place.  But Mulberry still
doesn't load either spell check plug-in.  It does load all the other
plug-ins; so I suspect that it is just failing to recognize the presence
of the aspell library.  (Note that I have both Linux and native versions
of aspell installed.)

The plug-ins are in /usr/local/lib/mulbery/Plug-ins

My ~/.mulbery/Plug-ins directory is empty.

Have any of you successfully used Mulberry with spell checking on
FreeBSD?  Is there any tweaking necessary to get it to work?  Is
there any way to get Mulberry to generate diagnostic output so that
I can see where it's failing?

I doubt that it makes any difference; but I'm running 5-STABLE as
of Dec 13.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Pat