Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:21:10 -0400
From:      Gene Raytsin <pal@paladin7.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   feature request

I have notice that if you run "make package" for a port which depends on
not yet installed
ports the actual package created only for this port, while all
dependencies are simply installed without being
also created as packages.
It's not convinient when you have a task of redistributing several
up-to-date ports along several systems.

I propose create another variable for the port build precedure, which
will specify that package needs to be build.

In this case by using this variable in make.conf we can make sure that
packages for all installed ports are build when needed.

To not to brake current idea of packaging _installed_ ports.  This
variable needs to be processed by the "make install" procedure and not
just make or make build.

Thanks,

Gene