Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 20:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        <mitayai@bricsnet.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mail relaying question

mitayai> all users on my network and in my domain are getting "relaying
mitayai> denied" errors when trying to send mail outside of our domain via
mitayai> our mail server...  i tried modifying /etc/mail/access with our
mitayai> domain name and network, refreshed the database, and even
mitayai> restarted sendmail to no avail. Then i tried specifying *every* IP
mitayai> and hostname with "OK". Still no luck. Am i missing something?

You want to use "RELAY", not "OK", to allow relaying.  Alternatively, list
the domain (assuming your client machine have PTR records setup properly)
or IP addresses in /etc/mail/relay-domains and restart sendmail.