Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:47:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        raj@semihalf.com
Cc:        raj@FreeBSD.org, perforce@FreeBSD.org, xcllnt@mac.com
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 135666 for review

In message: <47B9DBD8.3090100@semihalf.com>
            Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com> writes:
: Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
: >> ==== //depot/projects/e500/sys/boot/uboot/lib/api_public.h#4 (text+ko)
: >
: > Can you add an appropriate copyright notice for this file.
: > After that I'll merge the lot into CVS again...
: >
:
: The reason I did not put the (c) originally is I wasn't sure how to do it
: properly and simply followed U-Boot's export.h direction. It is desirable that
: this header file be verbatim copy of U-Boot's since it describes the API
: interface, but their files need to be GPL, ours BSD. So I left this without
: one, as the export.h does in similar case.
:
: Any advice on such matter? Anyone else has the clue?

If it is just an interface, one could add an explicit notice that
things are in the public domain.

Warner