Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:13:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Richard Seaman, Jr." <dick@seaman.org>
Cc:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lock-ups due to the scheduler

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Richard Seaman, Jr. wrote:

> There may be additional issues with the scheduler, though they may not
> be related to the issue you have.  Check www.freebsd.org/~dick/sched.descr
> I was under the impression that Peter Dufault had re-assumed this matter,
> but not much has happened on most of the issues.

Why don't we do a investigation (reinvestigation for you, of course),
evaluation of solutions, implementation of the best solution, and
review between all of us, and get Bruce or Peter Dufault to review
them as well?  We could do this for each scheduler problem you have
listed, and get them all fixed within a month's time, if we just
handle them all as the individual cases, and work on each one
serially?

I'm quite willing to do everything I can to help, including the
evaluation, solving, and testing of each problem separately.