Date:      Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:33:57 +0000
From:      Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   compile ports and base using both cores

Hi,

Installing ports or upgrading the base system only uses around 50% cpu
utilization (measured with the top utility) on my dual core machine. Is
there some way I can get higher cpu usage?

/usr/src/UPDATING says don't use make -j. I tried installing
openoffice.org-2 with make -j 2 but it failed at some stage saying it
couldn't find a directory. It works not using -j.

I'm using 7.0-BETA1.5 i386 on an AMD 64 system.

Thanks

Chris