Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:46:16 -0500
From:      Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Transition Questions.

Hi all,

Well, over the past few days I have made the transition to FreeBSD (6.4)
as the primary OS on my home computer. I am currently running GNOME as a
desktop, and it seems to be running well. Indeed, I am using Thunderbird
to write this email!

I have a couple of questions regarding the transition:

1. Does there exist a port or package, a messenger program, that is
compatible with Windoze Live Messenger? i.e. can I log in similar to
live messenger and see my contacts and collaborate with them?

2. Can I use any type of pictures for the desktop wallpaper? Where might
I find some good wallpaper depicting the FreeBSD Daemon and Logo?

3. How does one add a device to the desktop as an icon? i.e. an external
USB drive?

TIA,

-Grant