Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 2009 03:39:01 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: K3b-DVD

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:29:20 -0500, ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the help. I don't know what is wrong still. I did burn DVD on
> FreeBSD 7.2 and before that on Linux. Now I have FreeBSD 7.2 (no ther OS) but
> it doesn't work.

Did you always use K3B? Have you changed permissions on the device files?
And finally: Are you sure that you are really using a blank DVD-R that is
not defective? I'm asking because I was that "clever" myself to try to
write to a defective media. :-)

> cdrecord -scanbus
>         2,0,0   200) '_NEC    ' 'DVD_RW ND-1300A ' '1.06' Removable CD-ROM
> [...]
> cdrecord dev=2,0,0 -prcap
> Drive capabilities, per MMC-3 page 2A:
>   Does write CD-R media
>   Does write CD-RW media
>   Does write DVD-R media

Okay, this indicates it writed DVD-R. Additionally, it doesn't seem to
be able to write DVD+R. Again, check for the appropriate media.

Everything else looks completely valid.

Have you tried to use "plain" growisofs in order to check that it's
not a K3B problem?

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany