Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:07:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Release documentation for 4.5-RELEASE

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> I've got the release documentation in a form that I think is ready to
> go, modulo any changes to code or other significant events that happen
> between now and R-day.
>
> It'd be great if those of you who have spare cycles could give them a
> quick reading and let me know of any problems you see.  The snapshots of
> the release documentation are, as always, at:

The description of MAXMEM/hw.physmem implies that MAXMEM is a new option.
It's been around since the 2.X days :-)  Also hw.physmem should be
described as a loader tunable, not an environment variable (yeah, it's a
kernel environment variable, I know).  Unless I'm misunderstading the
difference between loader tunables and kenv variables.

I'll let you know if I find any more nits to pick :)

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org