Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:09:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   i18n of emacs.admitedly off-topic.please pardon me.being almostdesperate

I dare to ask this question here based on two reasons:
1)Large part of Russian speaking audience here.
2)Cyriilic Howto By Mr Belikoff being what it is(out-dated and partly
misleading)
Where I am now?
I have russified(applied Russian localization to it)xemacs based on
definitoins of following form:
Cyrrilic_tse ... this(russian leeter comes here)
Cyrillic_softsign ... this(russian sofsign letter)
This method does not work with emacs20.3 with mule support,though
I am not content with this method cause it implies that you already have
any russified editor(in my case it was vim).And makes emacs not
self-contained.
After searching some archives and hanging around on #rusunix I got
the following picture of the l11n of emacs to Russian
1)It is higly dependable on whether you have MULE instaled and whether you
use XKB with 2 variables we have 4 possible combinations  and it is
definitely not what i want :)).
Mabe the Russians among us could send me their working emacs configuration
files or point me to some sources of information as about l11n of emacs
to Russian(I have already seen pages of Mr Boris Thobotrash as well
as Mr Dmitrii Manin no it does not work :)))

thank you in advance.
zaranee blagodariu
kind regards,
Ariel