Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:19:54 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS

At 06:47 PM 9/18/00 +0700, I wrote:
>I just cvsupped from 3.2R to RELENG_3, in the process of moving to
>RELENG_4, and my NFS file system, which had been working fine, now
>reports, ""NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered".

Oops! I had searched the archives before I sent this out, but not long
after sending the question I stumbled on a solution in
freebsddiary.org. The solution was to start and then restart mountd and
nfsd on the server. I would still like to hear any information you
would care to share about *why* this happens!
--
Roger