Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:29:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, scrappy@hub.org, pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commercial vendors registry

> >> There's too much "its fixed in -current" or "it'll be in the next release"
> >> and not enough commitment to getting fixes and important new feature
> >> into the short-term.

> >But "important new features"?  No way... a new feature waits for
> >a release.  Releases are *defined* by a feature freeze.  Add a
> >new feature, and once again, you have a -current.
>
> I said "short-term", which implied 2.3, not 3.0 in 1998.

I am not happy with the release schedule, either.

But:

#ifdef NEW_FEATURE
#define NEW_RELEASE
#endif

And that's the way the world works.

Probably you really want more frequent releases.

But then, that eaxcerbates the interface problems, as long as kernel
internals are herniated out through libkvm. 8-(.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---