Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 16:14:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        george vagner <kf7nn1@cybertrails.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reset the console

On Thu, 20 May 1999, george vagner wrote:

> my user that uses the console says this:
>
> this morning I woke up and the terminal on the desk won't give a log in
> prompt and says on the last line, connection from 206.147.18.112 on illegal
> port.  HELP
>
> I got your message yesterday and the verdict is in, no response when hitting
> the return key still says 206.147.18.112 on illegal port.  the cursor doesnt
> move.

What program is reporting that message?

Can I see the actual log message(s)?

206.147.18.112 belongs to:

East Otter Tail Telephone Company (NETBLK-EOTTELCO4)
   160 2nd Ave SW
   Perham, MN 56573
   USA

   Netname: EOTTELCO4
   Netblock: 206.147.16.0 - 206.147.19.255

   Coordinator:
      Radmer, Bill  (BR74-ARIN)  bradmer@POLARISTEL.NET
      612-230-4167

Do you know this network?  I suspect they're trying to break into your
machine.

Doug White