Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:18:49 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        "Greg Shaffer" <gshaffer@leaky.com>
Cc:        "Warner Losh" <imp@harmony.village.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fatal Trap 12

"Greg Shaffer" wrote:
> Warner,
>
> Thanks for the pointer! The only card I have that specifies a memory address
> is ed0 at 0xd8000. I removed the memory address in my config file, rebuilt
> the kernel and everything seems to works fine now. This is a older NE2000
> clone card with jumpers for irq and memory address. I have been using this
> card for years without a problem or complaint. Why would it cause problems
> now?

I've hopefully fixed this mistake now..  The problem was a side effect of
the card being given a memory address and the driver turning it off because
there isn't memory (ie: an ne2000).  Removing the specification entirely
would fix it, or updating to the latest isa_compat.c should also fix it.

Why now?  If you'd been reading the commit messages, you'd know the
configuration system has had major changes committed...

> Thanks again.
> Greg Shaffer

Cheers,
-Peter