Date:      Sat, 8 Dec 2007 00:57:25 -0500
From:      "Lyle Scott III" <portcitycs@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't boot NanoBSD on an Alix board

Hey, i just got my  Alix3c2 board in.  I decided to go with NanoBSD for this
board, so i put nanobsd on my 512 flash and froze right after post.  This
image loades great on a Soekris board (4511 and 4526) ,... it gives me 2
options in the bootloader, i select 1 and it loads the nanobsd subset great.

I go to the alix board, and it freezes right after post:

-----------------------
 3PC Engines ALIX.3 v0.98oot.   Press Ctrl-P for entering Monitor.
640 KB Base Memory
261120 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 848A SanDisk SDCFB-512
Phys C/H/S 993/16/63 Log C/H/S 993/16/63
[where it dies]

Any suggestions?  I've tried using a full generic kernel, the TinyBSD
wireless kernel, and a trimmed down kernel i use for most of my embedded
stuff.  you can only do so much in the Alix bios.... i'm not sure where to
go with this.  Any help would be much appreciated

--

Lyle Scott, III
http://www.portcitycs.com