Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:59:50 -0800
From:      "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
To:        "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Server MB suggestions?

Have you checked the obvious. Any failed fans? Temperature OK?
Other than that I'm drawing a blank - you seem to have solid hardware
choices but getting Microsoft type uptimes. The only time I have seen this
was on a Intel 700 computer in our co-lo, the clients CPU heatsink/fan was
not properly mounted - remounted the fan and spontaneous reboot problem was
solved.

Purely  BTW :
The only thing I would do different is get IBM or Fujitsu 10K SCSI drives.
IBM if speed was important, Fujitsu because they are the coolest 10K drives
I've ever used - seriously my 18Gb 10000rpm Fujitsu drive doesn't even get
warm. I would also use AMD CPU's but thats a personal bias! But none of this
can be affecting your random reboots.

Regards, Kulraj