Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 96 23:20:10 +0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <e8917523@linf.unb.br@gns.com.br>
To:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current-digest V1 #579

> From: George Scott <George.Scott@cc.monash.edu.au>
> Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 11:58:17 +1000
> Subject: Re: Latest Current build failure
>
> > Hell, the concept of "production level" doesn't even make sense when
> > discussing what's essentially a live snapshot of the engineering
> > team's working sources and, if anything, the real problem here is that
> > the WRONG PEOPLE are running -current!
>
> I think that part of the problem might be that the name is a little bit
> misleading.  When I first started looking at FreeBSD and heard about CURRENT
> I had an image in my mind of the current release, ie, what I later discovered
> was called -RELEASE.

I guess it's just psychological. If you are not "current" with
FreeBSD, you're obviously outdated. Given the pressure society puts
today on being, how should I put it?, "avant-guard", it's no wonder
that people get frustrated being unable to be "current".

--
Daniel C. Sobral                (8-DCS)
dcs@gns.com.br