Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:52:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Cc:        rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-maintainers@wcarchive.cdrom.com, dg@root.com
Subject:   Re: Proposed reorganization of ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

 * It's already done.  However, we *really* need to get things updated

You mean "I just did it since you reminded me".  It still had the old
organization when I checked just before I sent the original e-mail. :)

 * ASAP so that we can retire the forest of symlink clutter which has
 * replaced the directory clutter that was formerly there. :-( The
 * packages/ports stuff is the worst offender, though sysinstall also

I deleted all the ports/packages symlinks at the top, except
"packages", which is left merely as a guide to someone who might
stumble into pub/FreeBSD and wonder where the hell all the packages
are gone.

Satoshi