Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:20:29 -0500
From:      "Marco DeMarco" <marco_demarco@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Screen Resolution

   I'm very new to FreeBSD or to any UNIX/Linux environment. My company
   is starting to look at it so I wanted to get a head start and use one
   of my old PC's to install and learn to use it.  I have been able to
   install FreesBSD 6.1 - I also downloaded Xorg and finally Gnome 2.12.3
   - This is on a Pentium III 933 MHz 284 Mg RAM.  The PC is a Dell
   Dimension 4100 and the monitor is a Dell M781s.  I can't get the
   screen resolution better than 640x480 - but the Monitor manuals state
   that it can handle better.
   [1]http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/688en/en/index.htm

   The Video card is a Trident '94 more than that I don't know how to
   figure out.  I don't remember if this was the card that came with the
   PC from Dell or if I had to replace.  One more thing but I believe it
   doesn't make a difference - There's an IView KVM Switch that I have in
   between the Card and Monitor.  Anyway any help to get my Screen
   Resolution better than 640x480 would be greatly appreciated.

   Thank You.

   [2]Get today's hot entertainment gossip