Date:      Tue, 18 May 2010 23:07:04 +0200
From:      David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using automounter (automatically mounting USB drives)

2010/5/18 Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>:
> How can I automatically mount USB drives when I plug them in?
> I found a program sysutils/automounter which appears to create a link
> /media/msdosfs/USB20FD but doesn't actually mount anything.
rg"

I don't know sysutils/automounter, but the

COMMENT=3D        Provides scripts to dynamically configure amd

would means that it only prepare the devices entries to be used by the
amd(8) daemon (amd =E2=80=94 automatically mount file systems)

Take a look at the amd(8) manpage (I can't help you I never used it)
and the rc.conf(5) to enable it.

--=20
Demelier David