Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:27:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au (Daniel O'Connor)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, paulo@nlink.com.br
Subject:   Re: wormcontrol write speed

It seems Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 22-Sep-99 Soren Schmidt wrote:
> > > Are there any way to make wormcontrol burns cds at 4x speed?
>
> >  Not directly, but your driver _should_ use the max speed as default.
> >  You could ad a command to force the drive to max speed in the driver
> >  though...
>
> IMHO there should be a way to force it..
>
> You can get 8x drives and 6x media.. Not a good idea put them together unless
> you change the write speed.

Right, but all the drives I've seen falls back from max speed if the medium
is crappy, that is not to say that they chose the right speed though :)

Anyhow, I have some changes to the worm stuff, it needs to be dealt with
to handle modern HW, and to deal with all the possible block formats
thats possible on a CD nowadays. It will probably mean the death of
the worm stuff as is now, but I'm the last user anyways so....

-Soren