Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:34:03 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making world but no kernel

On Jul 26, 2011, at 8:19 AM, Michal Varga wrote:
> Well, that depends. Probably every single time I've seen someone
> touching sysinstal in a post-install environment, that OS was instantly
> rendered as much as good for a complete reinstall. It's just "one of
> those things" that shouldn't be present in any rescue scenario.

I've been using sysinstall at dozens of customer sites since the 1990's without ever once running into a problem resembling what you've described.  Considering the absence of specific details, I think you're exaggerating well past the point of credibility.

Anyway, if someone does something bad using sysinstall and needs to fix it, restoring from backups should be all that is needed.  When people talk about doing a complete reinstall, it implies to me that they don't have backups in the first place.

Regards,
--
-Chuck