Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:28:48 +1000
From:      "Robert" <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.2-Stable Keyboard/PS/2 Mouse conflict.

Mentioned this probelm the other day when I first went from 4-0 RELEASE to
4.2-STABLE via cvsup.

Once everything is installed, and rebooted, the keyboard becomes inactive.

This time I logged in from the server across the network,and discover that
the PS2-Mouse and the Keyboard are both using the same device ???  The
rebuild used the GENERIC kernel. I can't remember the device adckbdc0
something like that. I dont' have it now to hand, because I have had to swap
out the drive and reload the 2K server.

But that explains why yesterday I noticed that the mouse was activated, and
pressing keys interfered with the mouse - and I presume vic/versa. If they
are both using the same device - no wonder.

I made no alterations to GENERIC. Didn't even look at it. Just did the
rebuild, kernelbuild and so on and reboote

I'm sure this is something that needs looking at. 4.0-RELEASE worked fine.
No conflicts. 4.2-STABLE conflicts.

I can get in later and disable the mouse entirely - I dont need it, and so
on and probably get the keyboard back, but that's not the issue.

Perhaps someone working on this needs to take a peek at this area. Next time
I boot it up, I'll save the dmesg file and keep it if you like.

Bob