Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 2008 09:53:25 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Aaron Graves <cajunman4life@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_cband-0.9.7.5_1

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 08:17:27AM -0700, Aaron Graves wrote:
> The main site for port www/mod_cband is listed as cband.linux.pl, however it
> appears that site has been down for a few months. There is an alternative
> location on the internet (
> http://www.sfr-fresh.com/unix/privat/mod-cband-0.9.7.5.tgz) that works.
> Could this link perhaps be added as a secondary link?

When the sites in MASTER_SITES have been exhausted, the ports system
resorts to trying from one of the FreeBSD distfile masters, which should
almost always contain a copy of the tarball.  Case in point:

icarus# make fetch
=> mod-cband-0.9.7.5.tgz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/apache2.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://cband.linux.pl/download/.
fetch: http://cband.linux.pl/download/mod-cband-0.9.7.5.tgz: No address record
=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/apache2/.
mod-cband-0.9.7.5.tgz                         100% of   69 kB  293 kBps

Does this not work for you?

> Also, I wonder what the long-term solution for this would be? As it
> appears the website has been offline for a while, it's possible the
> author will no longer be updating this port. At any rate, wanted to
> make you aware of the situation. Thanks for your time.

No one knows how to reach the author of mod_cband.  The only Email
address made available was at the site which is now down.  This isn't
really FreeBSD's "problem", though.  There isn't much the FreeBSD ports
folks can do about reviving the cband.linux.pl site.  :-)